One of my New Year’s resolutions is to move and excercise more. Having an office job and sitting in front of computer (working on my projects or writing posts) afterwards is so bad for my body that I just need to do something about it. I used to work out regularly but due to lack of time (and a bit of being lazy too) I stoped and now I need to get back to it.
Do you excercise regularly? If not, you definitely should!
- Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals and hormones that will leave you feeling happier, more relaxed and less anxious.
- Working out is great way to get rid of anger too! Feeling angry? Go for a kickboxing session or jogging! I love both.
- If you work out regularly it will improve your appearance (you’ll lose weight and/or gain muscles) which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
- Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lung health improve, you have more energy to tackle daily chores. You won’t get tired so easily.
- Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster, get better sleep and deepen your sleep. Just don’t exercise too close to bedtime, or you may be too energized to go to sleep.
- Regular exercise helps prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression, anxiety, many types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
Honestly? There’s nothing bad about it! If you don’t like going to the gym find your way of excercising in something else, it doesn’t have to be only weights and treadmill. Go swimming! Ride a bike! Or simply take long walks.
Which one will you choose?