I showed 5 positive apps in June (7 over all) on my Instagram Stories and I’d like to sum it all up 🤗.
Here’s quick description if you haven’t seen my stories with tutorial on each app (you can still see it in Positive Apps! Highlights on my profile).
🔸️Gratitude (@gratefulness.me) is a great app for building gratitude and affirmations. It works like a journal where you add what you’re grateful for daily. After a week or a month you have a whole list of things you can be grateful for – great to have on a bad day! 🤗
🔸️My Affirmations is a beautifuly done app for affirmations only BUT you get to say them out loud 🎙. In the app you’ll find various affirmations divided into categories. After you pick your affirmations you get to record yourself and in the end you can play a nice presentation with amazing pictures, calm music and your own voice saying amazing things about you! 🤗Pretty incredible presentation to have when you’re feeling down!
🔸️CBT Thought Diary is an app that works basically like a diary where you can keep on track with your thoughts, emotions and moods.
🔸️ThinkUp (@thinkupapp) is very similar to My Affirmations but with wider choice of affirmations to choose from.
🔸️21 Days Challenge (@21daysapp) is an app for building new healthy habits! You’ll find 11 challenges there for new habits in sections like: Mental wellness, Sleep schedule, Self care, Gratitude, Productivity, Happiness or No Junk Food. Each challenge has 21 steps with 21 different tasks for each day! 😁
🔸️Focusly (@focuslyapp) is a great app for meditation, fighting stress and calming yourself e.g. before sleep. There’s many meditation sessions divided into couple different types and plenty interesting articles.
🔸️Fabulous (@thefabstory) is another app good for building new habits but also about learning about time management and meditation, a bit of everything actually!
It’s impossible to choose just 1 best because they focus on different things so I’d pick 3 – My Affirmations for building gratitude, Focusly for meditation and keeping yourself calm and 21 Days Challenge for learning new habits.
I love those 3 apps and I am SO HAPPY I found those! You need to check them out! ❤🤗
Do you know that healthy eating will make you feel lighter and actually happier? 🤗 The more „heavy”, unhealthy things you eat the more energy your organism need to burn it, which makes you feel heavy and tired 😴
In 2016, researchers found that a diet with a high glycemic load may cause increased symptoms of depression and fatigue. A diet with a high glycemic load includes many refined carbohydrates, such as those found in soft drinks 🥤, cakes 🍰, white bread 🍞, and biscuits 🍪 . Vegetables 🥦, fruit 🍓, and whole grains 🥪 have a lower glycemic load.
Healthy food will also make your mind work better 🧠 & will improve your memory especially if you eat healthy fats like Omega-3 which you can find in avocados 🥑, nuts 🥜 or fish 🐟.
Light and nutritional meals will also improve your sleep 💤. If you eat a lot before going to bed or you eat something „heavy” your organism will spend the night digesting it instead of resting! 😟
I don’t think I have to tell you that eating good nutritional meals will also improve your health 💪. Your stamina will get better, your immune system will be stronger, you will reduce cancer risk, prevent any heart attacks and/or strokes! You have no idea how important is to eat well in order to live long healthy life! 😉
And most obvious reason – weight loss ⚖. Of course not everybody wants to lose weight but if you do eating healthy should be your 1st step! And once you do lose weight you’ll feel more confident, better with yourself, more willing to act and basically happier! 🤗
There are so many reasons to eat healthy! 😊
If you lack ideas for healthy meals check out my „Healthy food” story highlights on ig! I share many healthy recipes in stories! 😋
How do you rest? ⚠️
Do you lie down on a couch in front of a TV? And when you do, do you relax, focus on a movie and let your problems aside? ☺ Or do you watch a movie but in reality you keep thinking what you haven’t done, what still needs to be done, you analyze your problems and in fact have no idea what’s going on in the movie? 👀
You need to LEARN TO REST! That’s right, learn to rest 😉
When it’s relax time you need to focus on here & now and enjoy the silence/movie/chill. 🤗
Learn to „lock” your problems in a cage and keep them there for later 🗝, now enjoy your time off.
If you’re having a problem dividing relax time and „worrying time” 😅 plan it 😉. Find a spot in your calendar where you can sit for 15-30min and think about your situation, about solutions for possible problems etc. Do it during this time and then have proper time off.
When it’s relax time it relax time! Remember! Otherwise you’ll never rest and you’ll never feel relaxed ⚠️
How are you doing these days?
How are you spending self-quarantine time?
There is this worldwide pressure that you NEED TO do something practical during this time, you need to get some new skills, learn something new, bake home-made bread and get ABS 🙄
No, you don’t 😉
You CAN and it is GOOD IDEA but you don’t HAVE TO ⚠️
What you should do is stay calm and relaxed 🙏
We are all different and we react to current situation in a different way.
If you never had time for your projects/dreams and now you do, if you feel calm & relaxed during this time and you feel productive and want to do something while being at home then definitely use thise time and get to work 💪
If you’re feeling stressed, if you’re worrired about the future and can’t stay focused then let it go 😘 Postpone your plans and dreams for better times and now work on your mental health 🧘🏼♀️
Work on your inner peace instead 🙏
Use this time to do whatever makes you calm and happy 🤗 If working on dreams and being productive makes you happy (like me 😅) then yes, this time is great opportunity to get something done and walk out of quarantine with new skills and/or projects.
But if you’re not one of those people then ignore this pressure to DO SOMETHING, don’t read those posts that say „You never lacked time, you lacked discipline” 🙄 and read mine instead! 😉
This is difficult time that we all need to get through and whatever each one of us does during this time it’s his/her business 😉
Just be happy! 🤗
📸 pic taken ages ago 😅
— Step 3 —
Let’s get back to our circle of life. Remember it, right? You will find it in ‘Smiley future’ section.
Today time to think about your health 🥦
As usual – mark on your circle of life how happy you are about your health in a scale from 1 to 10.
Here are the questions that will help you mark that subject:
* Do you think this part needs change? If yes, what would have to change?
* In what way are you active physically 💪? Is it well suited in its kind and intensivity?
* Lack of sleep is plague of those times 😴 Lots of people think that they can work more or have some fun at the expense of their sleep time, while research shows that lack of sleep has bad impact on your health and especially on your cognitive abilities (so memory, attention and ability to learn). Do you sleep long enough? 🛌 What’s the quality of your sleep? Do you fall asleep and wake up at similar times or is your sleeping rhythm dysregulated?
* It is easy to forget about health prevention when nothing is wrong with you but it is prevention itself and early diagnosis that help catch alarming symptoms before they get annoying or severe. Do you examine yourself regularly? Do you know that types of examinations and how often you should do? 💉💊
* What will you gain by those changes?
* What will happen if you don’t change anything about your health?
* In what way does health have an impact on other aspects of your life now?
Next week: Finances 💰
Source: @chodakowskaeka‘s new book “90 days – design your tomorrow”
Are you aware how big impact does stress have on your health both mental and physical? 😳
Too much stress not only will obviously make your mood worse and make you powerless but in the long run it can affect your immune system, the state of your hair and skin, your digestive system and plenty more 🤯
It will make you unhappy, less willing to work or follow your dreams. Not to sound too scary but it will make you miserable 😫
So here’s 5 ways to fight stress. Whenever you feel stressed do one of those:
1. Workout 💪 – physical exhaustion will not only bring down your mental exhaustion and/or chaos in your head but after a good workout your organism will start producing endorphynes – hormones of happiness so you’ll feel much better 💪😊
2. Take a walk 🚶♂️– as I said in my yesterday’s psychological fact – brain secretes certain chemicals when you have trees and plants around you which boosts the brain thinking 🌳🌴🌲. This is a great way to deal with a stressful situation, just walk and think, find a solution
3. Write it down 📝– it is also scientifically proven that taking your thoughts „out of your brain” and writing them down makes you feel calmer, makes you see the problem/stressful situation more clearly and it is easier to think of a solution 🧐
4. Clean 💧– another thing scientificcally proven that when you clean your apartment or take your trash out your brain does „self-cleanse” too and gets rid of the bad thoughts/emotions, puts your thoughts in the order and gets rid of the chaos inside your head, something like placing everything in its spot on a cupboard 😉
5. Take a nap 🛌 – sleep makes everything better. You rest both pchysically and mentally and you’ll be waking up with fresh mind ready to face the stressful situation 🤗
Continuing summaries for 1 year of Smiley Sociey here’s top 10 psychological facts facts I find most interesting)! 🤗:
10. The cells in your body react to everything your mind says. So negativity brings down your immune system and you feel sick.
9. If you can’t stop your stream of thoughts at night, get up and write them down. This will set your mind at ease so you can sleep.
8. Writing down negative thoughts and tossing them in a trash can is a psychological trick that can improve your mood.
7. The smell of an orange or eating one can reduce stress by over 70%.
6. People who spend money on experiences report being happier than those who spend money on objects.
5. Laughter relieves stress, anxiety, depression and reduces risk of cancer which is why a sense of humor is attractive and healthy!
4. Volunteers are significantly more satisfied with their lives than non-volunteers.
3. Travel boosts brain health and also decreases a person’s risk of heart attack and depression.
2. Being with happy people makes you happier.
1. Research has found that good relationships are more important to a long life than exercise.
Eat Yourself Happy With These 8 Endorphin-Releasing Foods!
Feeling down? Want to make yourself feel better? Here are some foods that will encourage your brain’s endorphin (happy hormones) release 😊: ·Chocolate 🍫
·Animal proteins 🥩🥚
·Spicy foods 🌶
· Grapes 🍇
· Nuts and seeds 🌰
Go and check if you have any of those in the kitchen and simply be happy! 😊
What do you know about endophin, famous hormone of happiness?
Endorphins are chemicals produced naturally by the nervous system to cope with pain or stress. They are often called “feel-good” chemicals because they can act as a pain reliever and happiness booster.
The well-known “runner’s high” that is felt after lengthy, vigorous exercise is due to an increase in endorphin levels.
The level of endorphins in the human body varies from person to person. People who have lower levels may be more likely to have depression or fibromyalgia, but more research is needed in this area.
How to get your body to produce more endorphins?
Here are couple ways to boost the production:
🔸️Regular exercise 💪
🔸️Giving (Volunteering, donating, and helping others may also make a person feel good) 🤝
🔸️Yoga and meditation 🧘🏼♀️
🔸️Spicy foods 🌶
🔸️Dark chocolate 🍫
Did you know all this?
I think i’m gonna go get some dark chocolate 😋
Today I want to talk to you about sleep. Having a good night sleep and feeling rested in the morning has enormous effect on your mood so it is important to make sure you sleep well. ⚠️ Here’s 12 facts about SLEEPING.💤
1.It is very important what you do 2-3h before sleeping. When you fall asleep while overthinking, the mind remains active as if you were awake which is why you tend to wake up tired. Try to relax before sleep time. Also, don’t look at blue light (so no phones, no tv) at least 30min before bed time 🚫📱
2.Bedroom should be only used for sleeping (and sex). You shouldn’t work in bed, watch tv or even read books. Make sure that your brain connects bed only with rest. This way your mind will reprogram into „a sleeping mode” when you go to bed and you’ll fall asleep easier. Bed is not a place for work! 🛌
3.Medically speaking, it would be best if your bedroom had only bed in it and nothing more. If you can do it. Especially get rid of radios, TV and computers 🚫🖥
4.When you wake up in the middle of the night don’t check what time it is 🕜
5.Find your rhythm and try to go to sleep at the same time everyday and get up at the same time 🌠
6.Make sure it is as dark in your bedroom as it can get. The darker the better. It helps your body produce melatonin (an important hormone) 🌃
7.Make sure it is quiet. No clock that tick tocks, no humming sound, nothing. It should be total silence there 🔇
8.The older you get the less sleep you need. When 20-30 years old you need 7.5-8h of sleep everyday; 30-40 around 7h. When you’re over 40 only 6h of sleep will be enough and over 50 even 5h will do. But! Sleeping for less than five hours any night decreases the productivity of your immune system, metabolism and the body’s response to stress 🤯
9.Good sleep makes you more creative and makes your memory stronger 🧠
10.Lack of a good night sleep makes it difficult to absorb new things 🤷🏼♀️
11.Getting more sleep will decrease your chances of experiencing and being more affected by negative emotions☺
12.The happier you are, the less sleep you require to function in everyday life. Sadness increases the urge to sleep more 🤗