How do you rest? ⚠️
Do you lie down on a couch in front of a TV? And when you do, do you relax, focus on a movie and let your problems aside? ☺ Or do you watch a movie but in reality you keep thinking what you haven’t done, what still needs to be done, you analyze your problems and in fact have no idea what’s going on in the movie? 👀
You need to LEARN TO REST! That’s right, learn to rest 😉
When it’s relax time you need to focus on here & now and enjoy the silence/movie/chill. 🤗
Learn to „lock” your problems in a cage and keep them there for later 🗝, now enjoy your time off.
If you’re having a problem dividing relax time and „worrying time” 😅 plan it 😉. Find a spot in your calendar where you can sit for 15-30min and think about your situation, about solutions for possible problems etc. Do it during this time and then have proper time off.
When it’s relax time it relax time! Remember! Otherwise you’ll never rest and you’ll never feel relaxed ⚠️
How are you doing these days?
How are you spending self-quarantine time?
There is this worldwide pressure that you NEED TO do something practical during this time, you need to get some new skills, learn something new, bake home-made bread and get ABS 🙄
No, you don’t 😉
You CAN and it is GOOD IDEA but you don’t HAVE TO ⚠️
What you should do is stay calm and relaxed 🙏
We are all different and we react to current situation in a different way.
If you never had time for your projects/dreams and now you do, if you feel calm & relaxed during this time and you feel productive and want to do something while being at home then definitely use thise time and get to work 💪
If you’re feeling stressed, if you’re worrired about the future and can’t stay focused then let it go 😘 Postpone your plans and dreams for better times and now work on your mental health 🧘🏼♀️
Work on your inner peace instead 🙏
Use this time to do whatever makes you calm and happy 🤗 If working on dreams and being productive makes you happy (like me 😅) then yes, this time is great opportunity to get something done and walk out of quarantine with new skills and/or projects.
But if you’re not one of those people then ignore this pressure to DO SOMETHING, don’t read those posts that say „You never lacked time, you lacked discipline” 🙄 and read mine instead! 😉
This is difficult time that we all need to get through and whatever each one of us does during this time it’s his/her business 😉
Just be happy! 🤗
📸 pic taken ages ago 😅
— Step 3 —
Let’s get back to our circle of life. Remember it, right? You will find it in ‘Smiley future’ section.
Today time to think about your health 🥦
As usual – mark on your circle of life how happy you are about your health in a scale from 1 to 10.
Here are the questions that will help you mark that subject:
* Do you think this part needs change? If yes, what would have to change?
* In what way are you active physically 💪? Is it well suited in its kind and intensivity?
* Lack of sleep is plague of those times 😴 Lots of people think that they can work more or have some fun at the expense of their sleep time, while research shows that lack of sleep has bad impact on your health and especially on your cognitive abilities (so memory, attention and ability to learn). Do you sleep long enough? 🛌 What’s the quality of your sleep? Do you fall asleep and wake up at similar times or is your sleeping rhythm dysregulated?
* It is easy to forget about health prevention when nothing is wrong with you but it is prevention itself and early diagnosis that help catch alarming symptoms before they get annoying or severe. Do you examine yourself regularly? Do you know that types of examinations and how often you should do? 💉💊
* What will you gain by those changes?
* What will happen if you don’t change anything about your health?
* In what way does health have an impact on other aspects of your life now?
Next week: Finances 💰
Source: @chodakowskaeka‘s new book “90 days – design your tomorrow”
Are you aware how big impact does stress have on your health both mental and physical? 😳
Too much stress not only will obviously make your mood worse and make you powerless but in the long run it can affect your immune system, the state of your hair and skin, your digestive system and plenty more 🤯
It will make you unhappy, less willing to work or follow your dreams. Not to sound too scary but it will make you miserable 😫
So here’s 5 ways to fight stress. Whenever you feel stressed do one of those:
1. Workout 💪 – physical exhaustion will not only bring down your mental exhaustion and/or chaos in your head but after a good workout your organism will start producing endorphynes – hormones of happiness so you’ll feel much better 💪😊
2. Take a walk 🚶♂️– as I said in my yesterday’s psychological fact – brain secretes certain chemicals when you have trees and plants around you which boosts the brain thinking 🌳🌴🌲. This is a great way to deal with a stressful situation, just walk and think, find a solution
3. Write it down 📝– it is also scientifically proven that taking your thoughts „out of your brain” and writing them down makes you feel calmer, makes you see the problem/stressful situation more clearly and it is easier to think of a solution 🧐
4. Clean 💧– another thing scientificcally proven that when you clean your apartment or take your trash out your brain does „self-cleanse” too and gets rid of the bad thoughts/emotions, puts your thoughts in the order and gets rid of the chaos inside your head, something like placing everything in its spot on a cupboard 😉
5. Take a nap 🛌 – sleep makes everything better. You rest both pchysically and mentally and you’ll be waking up with fresh mind ready to face the stressful situation 🤗
Continuing summaries for 1 year of Smiley Sociey here’s top 10 psychological facts facts I find most interesting)! 🤗:
10. The cells in your body react to everything your mind says. So negativity brings down your immune system and you feel sick.
9. If you can’t stop your stream of thoughts at night, get up and write them down. This will set your mind at ease so you can sleep.
8. Writing down negative thoughts and tossing them in a trash can is a psychological trick that can improve your mood.
7. The smell of an orange or eating one can reduce stress by over 70%.
6. People who spend money on experiences report being happier than those who spend money on objects.
5. Laughter relieves stress, anxiety, depression and reduces risk of cancer which is why a sense of humor is attractive and healthy!
4. Volunteers are significantly more satisfied with their lives than non-volunteers.
3. Travel boosts brain health and also decreases a person’s risk of heart attack and depression.
2. Being with happy people makes you happier.
1. Research has found that good relationships are more important to a long life than exercise.
Eat Yourself Happy With These 8 Endorphin-Releasing Foods!
Feeling down? Want to make yourself feel better? Here are some foods that will encourage your brain’s endorphin (happy hormones) release 😊: ·Chocolate 🍫
·Animal proteins 🥩🥚
·Spicy foods 🌶
· Grapes 🍇
· Nuts and seeds 🌰
Go and check if you have any of those in the kitchen and simply be happy! 😊
What do you know about endophin, famous hormone of happiness?
Endorphins are chemicals produced naturally by the nervous system to cope with pain or stress. They are often called “feel-good” chemicals because they can act as a pain reliever and happiness booster.
The well-known “runner’s high” that is felt after lengthy, vigorous exercise is due to an increase in endorphin levels.
The level of endorphins in the human body varies from person to person. People who have lower levels may be more likely to have depression or fibromyalgia, but more research is needed in this area.
How to get your body to produce more endorphins?
Here are couple ways to boost the production:
🔸️Regular exercise 💪
🔸️Giving (Volunteering, donating, and helping others may also make a person feel good) 🤝
🔸️Yoga and meditation 🧘🏼♀️
🔸️Spicy foods 🌶
🔸️Dark chocolate 🍫
Did you know all this?
I think i’m gonna go get some dark chocolate 😋
Today I want to talk to you about sleep. Having a good night sleep and feeling rested in the morning has enormous effect on your mood so it is important to make sure you sleep well. ⚠️ Here’s 12 facts about SLEEPING.💤
1.It is very important what you do 2-3h before sleeping. When you fall asleep while overthinking, the mind remains active as if you were awake which is why you tend to wake up tired. Try to relax before sleep time. Also, don’t look at blue light (so no phones, no tv) at least 30min before bed time 🚫📱
2.Bedroom should be only used for sleeping (and sex). You shouldn’t work in bed, watch tv or even read books. Make sure that your brain connects bed only with rest. This way your mind will reprogram into „a sleeping mode” when you go to bed and you’ll fall asleep easier. Bed is not a place for work! 🛌
3.Medically speaking, it would be best if your bedroom had only bed in it and nothing more. If you can do it. Especially get rid of radios, TV and computers 🚫🖥
4.When you wake up in the middle of the night don’t check what time it is 🕜
5.Find your rhythm and try to go to sleep at the same time everyday and get up at the same time 🌠
6.Make sure it is as dark in your bedroom as it can get. The darker the better. It helps your body produce melatonin (an important hormone) 🌃
7.Make sure it is quiet. No clock that tick tocks, no humming sound, nothing. It should be total silence there 🔇
8.The older you get the less sleep you need. When 20-30 years old you need 7.5-8h of sleep everyday; 30-40 around 7h. When you’re over 40 only 6h of sleep will be enough and over 50 even 5h will do. But! Sleeping for less than five hours any night decreases the productivity of your immune system, metabolism and the body’s response to stress 🤯
9.Good sleep makes you more creative and makes your memory stronger 🧠
10.Lack of a good night sleep makes it difficult to absorb new things 🤷🏼♀️
11.Getting more sleep will decrease your chances of experiencing and being more affected by negative emotions☺
12.The happier you are, the less sleep you require to function in everyday life. Sadness increases the urge to sleep more 🤗
When stressed, when tired, when overwhelmed or disoriented – clear your head.
We tend to be in a bad mood when there’s a chaos in our heads. All you need to do is to organize your thoughts and answer all the questions that keep bouncing in your mind.
Sit down, close your eyes and focus on your thoughts. What do you hear? Is your mind telling you over and over about some things you need to remember? Is it visualising one of your problems? Is there a chaos in your head cause you don’t know what to do about something? Write your thoughts down. It always helps me. The process of writing itself works as a cleanse for your mind cause you’re taking bunch of your thoughts from your mind and you’re leaving it on paper. For example, when your mind keeps telling you to remember to do something the next day just write it down in your calendar. Whenever I have a new idea for something or just wake up full of new thoughts I take my calendar and write down all the things I need to do. Even small ones like „write an email to Mr X” or „buy a gift for your brother”. Whenever I „take that thought out” of my brain and write it down my mind stops screaming about it and it’s calmer up there. Same with approaching all problems – if I find myself in a new situation, have a problem to deal with, I think of a solution, try to think of who can I contact for help, where do I need to call etc and just write it all in my calendar. Some pages can be full of small things to do but it is so much easier when you just wake up, look at the calendar and you know what to do.
As you may already know I do a lot of things (work, music agency, blog, my secret project 😉 and many other things) so whenever I feel overwhelmed and feel lost in this all I take a piece of paper, divide it into groups and write down where am I at each project, what needs to be done, where do I want to go with it etc. Write all your questions or doubts down as well. When you have it all on the paper just look at it and read it out loud. You should feel calmer when you know what you stand on and when you see (literally see on paper) what else you need to do. You can combine two things and after doing such cleanse on paper with all your projects, doubts and questions written down write all the next steps you need to take in your calendar. Don’t put too much on 1 day though. There’s no rush, give yourself time.
If you have a tough decision to make – write all the pros and cons down. Writting down helps a lot!
Another thing you can do to clean your mind is cleaning your apartament. It is scientifically proven that when you clean your apartament you feel calmer and „clean” in your head too.
Also, when you’re full of stressful or chaotic thoughts – take your trash out. This is proven to connect to your mind and when you throw out your garbage you throw out your bad thoughts too!
One of my New Year’s resolutions is to move and excercise more. Having an office job and sitting in front of computer (working on my projects or writing posts) afterwards is so bad for my body that I just need to do something about it. I used to work out regularly but due to lack of time (and a bit of being lazy too) I stoped and now I need to get back to it.
Do you excercise regularly? If not, you definitely should!
- Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals and hormones that will leave you feeling happier, more relaxed and less anxious.
- Working out is great way to get rid of anger too! Feeling angry? Go for a kickboxing session or jogging! I love both.
- If you work out regularly it will improve your appearance (you’ll lose weight and/or gain muscles) which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
- Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lung health improve, you have more energy to tackle daily chores. You won’t get tired so easily.
- Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster, get better sleep and deepen your sleep. Just don’t exercise too close to bedtime, or you may be too energized to go to sleep.
- Regular exercise helps prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression, anxiety, many types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
Honestly? There’s nothing bad about it! If you don’t like going to the gym find your way of excercising in something else, it doesn’t have to be only weights and treadmill. Go swimming! Ride a bike! Or simply take long walks.
Which one will you choose?