Time for another recipe! You may be surprised that i’m putting it in ‘COMFORT FOOD’ section as comfort food is usually associated with carbs 🍕, sugars 🍨 and high calories whereas this is a recipe for a healthy meal but I considered it good for this section for 3 reasons:
1. Healthy food makes you feel better. Your body is stronger having a nutritious meal hence you can do more and you are happier! 💪
2. All the spices used in this meal will bring you to India and its exotic vibes. Your kitchen will smell like holidays (unless you are from India then it will smell like home 😅)! 🕌
3. It is just soooooo delicious! 😋
Recipe by @kingaparuzel
Ingredients (for 4 portions):
2 spoons of coconut oil 🥥
1 clove of garlic
1cm of fresh ginger
1 chilli pepper 🌶
1 big sweet potato
1 can of sliced tomatoes 🍅
1 spoon of curry
200ml of coconut milk 🥥
200g of canned chickpeas
Half (or whole) broccoli 🥦
4 leaves of baby spinach 🍃
100g of dry lentil
500ml of veggie broth
(1 teaspoon of starch – optional)
1.Put coconut oil on a hot pan, add chopped onion, garlic and fry it for 2min
2. Add grated ginger and chopped chilli pepper, fry for 1 more minute
3. Slice sweet potato into 1cm cubes, add it to the pan. Add tomatoes, curry, coconut milk and drianed chickpeas as well. Stir and add some salt and pepper. Boil for 10min.
4. Add broccoli sliced into small pieces, baby spinach and rinsed lentil
5. Add 500ml of broth and boil for 10 more minutes
If the stew is too thin add 1 tablespoon of starch. If it’s too thick add more broth or coconut milk.
It tastes best the next day when all the taste mixes together.
Time for another recipe for comfort food. And what is best comfort food? Pizza! 🍕
I made dough with Thermomix 5 so you’ll find recipe there but here I’ll post the „normal” version.
Ingredients (for 3 medium or 8 small pizzas):
200ml water 💧
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
300g flour 🍚
15g olive oil
150g tomato puree 🥫
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
2 pinches of herbs – oregano, thyme 🌿🍃
250g cheese (Gouda or Ementaler best) 🧀
10 slices of ham 🥓
50g red bell pepper
50g yellow bell pepper
30-40g mushrooms 🍄
(10 olives – optional)
(50g broccoli – optional)
1. Pour warm water into the bowl, add yeast and brown sugar. Keep stiring. Make sure it is warm.
2. Add flour, olive oil and salt. Mix it and knead the dough.
3. Grease (butter) another bowl and put the dough in it. Cover it with a cloth. Set it aside for 50min for it to grow.
4. Get another bowl (or clean and use the 1st one) and put tomato puree in it. Add salt, black pepper and herbs. Stir. Set aside.
5. Shred cheese on a grinder (if you bought a whole piece)
6. Turn the oven on and set it on 220 .C. Put baking paper on a tinware.
7. Take grown dough and put it on a countertop with flour on it. Depending on what size of pizzas do you want devide the dough into 3 or 8 even parts.
8. Pin out the dough into a circle, about 1cm thick
9. Put the mini pizzas on a tinware, set it 5-7cm aside
10. Put 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce on it, spread it
11. Add shreded cheese on it
12. Put ham, mushrooms and whatever else you want on top
You can put more herbs (oregano or thyme) on top.
KIDS FRIENDLY: You can make pizzas into small faces – use olives as eyes, bell peppers as a smile (red one) and eyebrows (yellow one), a mushroom as a nose and broccoli as hair.
I promised you recipes for comfort food as well so here you go – recipe for my favourite chocolate cake (it is said that chocolate makes your mood better hence you’re happier so here you go!). It is very easy and quick to make. The recipe is from Cookido – Thermomix 5 platform and it is best to use Thermomix if you have one. If not then
150g of butter
Pinch of salt
200g of sugar
250 of dark chocolate
50g od flour
- Turn on the over and set it to 200’C.
- Lightly grease (butter) the inside of the entire springform pan.
- Smash eggs, seperate whites from yolks. Set it aside.
- Put whites and a pinch of salt into a bowl and lighly whip it until whites get firm
- Add 20g of sugar and lightly stir. Set bowl aside.
- Take another bowl and put yolks and the rest of the sugar in it.
- Tak 150g and dissolve it on a pan on a small heat. Add it to the yolks.
- Cut chocolate into small pieces and add it into the bowl with warm butter and yolks. Wait couple seconds until the chocolate melts then stir it.
- Add flour, stir.
- Add whipped whites and lightly stir
- Put everything into the greased springform.
- Bake in 200’C for 10-15minutes. Leave it in the springform for 5 more minutes until it cools down.
You can serve it cold or warm. Best with vanilla ice cream.