Do you feel tired all the time lately? 😴
You lack energy for anything?
It is quite normal in the autumn especially when the days are getting shorter and shorter but you can change it! ☺
Here are 5 reasons why you may feel tired all the time:
➡️ Bad lifestyle – you don’t eat healthy food 🥦 (if you lack ideas for it check out my Healthy Food stories highlights! I share 1-2 healthy recipes in stories every week 😉), you don’t sleep enough (you should sleep 7-8h every night) 😴
➡️ You don’t drink enough water 💦 – you should drink 2-2,5l of water everyday (not liquids, water!). If you somehow forget to drink (some people do) there are plenty apps for that now that will remind you every hour to drink a glass of water 😅 just have some water nearby – e.g. I always have my Brita bottle (0,7l) standing next to me when I’m working and I’m reaching for it even subconciously now
➡️ You’re not moving 🏃♂️– physical activity is VERY important both for your body and for your mind! 🧠 I know it’s not best time now for some outside activity but you can still go for a walk to a forest or even work out inside! 😉 There’s plenty fitness programs online that you can watch and workout in front of TV – I workout with @chodakowskaewa and on my stationary bike 🚴♀️
➡️ You’re stressed – I am aware that those are very stressful times but try to stay calm 🧘🏼♀️. Stop watching news if that makes you anxious 🤯, take up yoga or meditation, write down your thoughts and questions that bother you or simply call a friend and tell what’s on your mind (you can always DM me! 😘)
➡️ You won’t let yourself relax – remember about rest! No matter how much work you’ve got, always plan some rest time too! I work A LOT both at my full time job and on my private projects but I always plan the work this way so I’d have an evening off to chill with my husband and at least 1 day a week completely off to recharge 🤗
Does some of the points above apply to you? Share in the comments!
P.s. BIG NEWS – There will be Smiley Advent Calendar on my Instagram with a special surprise everyday from Dec 1st to 24th!
Are you chasing after perfect numbers? I know I am and it’s not good 😫👎
I’ve realised that everything I do lately and everything I have I see in numbers 🔢. How many contracts have I installed at work (I work in an administration office), how many emails I’ve sent 📨, how many times I’ve worked out during a week 💪, how much weight I lost 🤗, how many centimeters I lost in hips, how many likes did I get on my latest post 😅, how many new followers I gained 🤩, how many books I’ve read…
Dreaming of perfect weight 🤗 (a number), big Smiley Society community 👥 (number of followers), big comission at work 💰 (a number) and so on and so on… 🙄
I’ve been chasing so hard after that that I got my panic attacks back and feel stressed all the time 😫
And what for?
It’s not that working hard is bad and that we shouldn’t dream, of course we should but this has got to stop somewhere 🤷🏼♀️.
We need to see above the numbers, see bigger goal in it. For example, let’s not focus on how much weight we’ve lost during a diet but let’s appreciate that we work on our health 🥦, that we try to eat better and take care of our body, that’s what matters 😉.
Counting followers? Well, to be honest, I thought that at this time (almost 2 years of running Smiley Society) I thought there will be more of you here 😅 but thanks to this blog I got back to taking more pictures 📸, I bought mysefl a camera 📷, been learning how to edit photos and videos, I got back to writing (and in English!), I’ve been learning a lot on psychology in order to give that knowledge to you…there’s more to that than followers and even though I thought Smiley Society would be bigger by now, it made me work on myself, self-evolve and learn new things! ☺
Counting money, commision? 💰 Sure, it’s important in life but you can’t put a number on most important things in life: love ❤, family 👨👩👧👧, friends, health 😇, adventures, memories 😍…THOSE are the things that matter and that we (myself included) should focus on ⚠️
What do you think? Do you agree? Are you chasing some numbers?
— Step 3 —
Let’s get back to our circle of life. Remember it, right? You will find it in ‘Smiley future’ section.
Today time to think about your health 🥦
As usual – mark on your circle of life how happy you are about your health in a scale from 1 to 10.
Here are the questions that will help you mark that subject:
* Do you think this part needs change? If yes, what would have to change?
* In what way are you active physically 💪? Is it well suited in its kind and intensivity?
* Lack of sleep is plague of those times 😴 Lots of people think that they can work more or have some fun at the expense of their sleep time, while research shows that lack of sleep has bad impact on your health and especially on your cognitive abilities (so memory, attention and ability to learn). Do you sleep long enough? 🛌 What’s the quality of your sleep? Do you fall asleep and wake up at similar times or is your sleeping rhythm dysregulated?
* It is easy to forget about health prevention when nothing is wrong with you but it is prevention itself and early diagnosis that help catch alarming symptoms before they get annoying or severe. Do you examine yourself regularly? Do you know that types of examinations and how often you should do? 💉💊
* What will you gain by those changes?
* What will happen if you don’t change anything about your health?
* In what way does health have an impact on other aspects of your life now?
Next week: Finances 💰
Source: @chodakowskaeka‘s new book “90 days – design your tomorrow”
Today I want to talk to you about sleep. Having a good night sleep and feeling rested in the morning has enormous effect on your mood so it is important to make sure you sleep well. ⚠️ Here’s 12 facts about SLEEPING.💤
1.It is very important what you do 2-3h before sleeping. When you fall asleep while overthinking, the mind remains active as if you were awake which is why you tend to wake up tired. Try to relax before sleep time. Also, don’t look at blue light (so no phones, no tv) at least 30min before bed time 🚫📱
2.Bedroom should be only used for sleeping (and sex). You shouldn’t work in bed, watch tv or even read books. Make sure that your brain connects bed only with rest. This way your mind will reprogram into „a sleeping mode” when you go to bed and you’ll fall asleep easier. Bed is not a place for work! 🛌
3.Medically speaking, it would be best if your bedroom had only bed in it and nothing more. If you can do it. Especially get rid of radios, TV and computers 🚫🖥
4.When you wake up in the middle of the night don’t check what time it is 🕜
5.Find your rhythm and try to go to sleep at the same time everyday and get up at the same time 🌠
6.Make sure it is as dark in your bedroom as it can get. The darker the better. It helps your body produce melatonin (an important hormone) 🌃
7.Make sure it is quiet. No clock that tick tocks, no humming sound, nothing. It should be total silence there 🔇
8.The older you get the less sleep you need. When 20-30 years old you need 7.5-8h of sleep everyday; 30-40 around 7h. When you’re over 40 only 6h of sleep will be enough and over 50 even 5h will do. But! Sleeping for less than five hours any night decreases the productivity of your immune system, metabolism and the body’s response to stress 🤯
9.Good sleep makes you more creative and makes your memory stronger 🧠
10.Lack of a good night sleep makes it difficult to absorb new things 🤷🏼♀️
11.Getting more sleep will decrease your chances of experiencing and being more affected by negative emotions☺
12.The happier you are, the less sleep you require to function in everyday life. Sadness increases the urge to sleep more 🤗
One of my New Year’s resolutions is to move and excercise more. Having an office job and sitting in front of computer (working on my projects or writing posts) afterwards is so bad for my body that I just need to do something about it. I used to work out regularly but due to lack of time (and a bit of being lazy too) I stoped and now I need to get back to it.
Do you excercise regularly? If not, you definitely should!
- Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals and hormones that will leave you feeling happier, more relaxed and less anxious.
- Working out is great way to get rid of anger too! Feeling angry? Go for a kickboxing session or jogging! I love both.
- If you work out regularly it will improve your appearance (you’ll lose weight and/or gain muscles) which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
- Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lung health improve, you have more energy to tackle daily chores. You won’t get tired so easily.
- Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster, get better sleep and deepen your sleep. Just don’t exercise too close to bedtime, or you may be too energized to go to sleep.
- Regular exercise helps prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression, anxiety, many types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
Honestly? There’s nothing bad about it! If you don’t like going to the gym find your way of excercising in something else, it doesn’t have to be only weights and treadmill. Go swimming! Ride a bike! Or simply take long walks.
Which one will you choose?
It’s winter time which means lack of sun (especially in Europe). This affects our body a lot hence it affects our mind as well. Do you know what the sun brings (apart from the heat) to our body? Vitamin D! And this is what your body is missing now. Make sure to take Vitamin D in pills during autumn and winter. It is so important! It will make you feel better, you’ll have more energy! You’ll see 😊
Do you take Vitamin D?