The mental health benefits of crafting have been well documented by plenty of top publications 🤩! Working with your hands and making time to be creative can boost your mood 🙃, keep your brain sharp 🧠 and even help alleviate the symptoms of health woes like depression, arthritis, sleeplessness and stress 🤯. ::: Human beings have been using art 🎨 and creative endeavors to cope and express themselves for literally thousands of years. ::: So, it’s no surprise that DIY and crafting can help with anxiety, too 🤗. Crafting as a form of self-care is a long-standing tradition. ::: I have always found creating/crafting/making to be a form of therapy 😍🙏. When you’re making something, your mind has space to wander and work things out. It also gives you a chance to change the channel in your brain and focus on something else rather than what’s stressing you out 🤗 ::: And in many cases, the actual physical activities involved in craft projects can be relaxing in themselves. Whether it’s the act of making smooth brushstrokes, the calm repetitive nature of needlecrafts and knitting or crochet, or the soothing colors and sounds of coloring, just the act of making can be super relaxing 😍. ::: Check out my Instagram to see a tutorial on how to prepare those quick DIY Easter decorations 🐣. 2 more tutorials on Easter decorations coming this week! 🤩
🤗 POSITIVE NEWS 🤗 World’s First 3-D Printed School Poised to Be Built in Madagascar For Half the Price of Traditional 🔅 #WallStreetBets Traders Donate $300,000 to Adopt Gorillas From Dian Fossey Fund 🔅 Georgia Lab Experiments Shows CBD Reduces Plaque And Improves Cognition in Early Onset Alzheimer’s 🔅 Virginia Becomes 4th State To Ban Cosmetic Animal Testing 🔅 Trying to Stop the Epidemic of Veteran Suicides, Plant Medicine Company Builds International Mental Wellness Value Chain
You know what’s best kind of self-love/self-care? 🤔 Taking care of your own health! 🤗 ::: ➡️ First of all, treat yourself well! 🙏 Have a closer look on what you’re eating 👅. Do you plan your meals and grocery shopping 🗒 or do you just go to a store, buy whatever you see and put it all on a pan just to „throw” something into your belly 🤷🏼♀️? Do you bring enough vitamins, proteins, fiber? 🧐 Are your meals nutritious? 🥦🍌🍜 ::: Now, how’s your physical activity? 🤔 Do you workout 💪, practice some sport 🏀, go for walks , do yoga or pilates🧘🏼♀️? Physical activity has as much impact on your physical health as healthy eating 😉 ::: And now, how’s your mental health? 🧠 Do you sleep well? 😴 Do you feel confident? Are you anxiety free? 😇 Physical health (so healthy eating and regular physical activities) have great impact on mental health too! You know what they say – healthy body, healthy mind 😉 ::: ➡️ Secondly, do you examine yourself? 📈📊 Do you do regular blood tests 💉, regular ultrasounds or x-rays of your stomach, lungs or heart? Do you go see a doctor regularly or only when you feel bad already? 😶 ::: I examine myself once a year. I do blood tests, check my heart, my lungs, my stomach and lady parts. You should too! 🤗 ::: ➡️ And lastly, remember to seek help whenever you need it 🙏⚠️No matter if it’s something about your physical health or, especially, mental health! If you feel bad don’t hide it away! Go and get some help! 🙏
How’s your self-care time? 👌 Do you put yourself first? 💅 Do you allow yourself to say ‘no’ to others and ‘yes’ to you and your needs? 🤗 ::: I gotta say that I have finally learned to do that this year 😊 I started planning my days off and by planning I mean writing in my calendar “REST TIME – DO NOT PLAN/DO ANYTHING!” haha 😅. ::: But I’ve really started putting myself first too. I don’t feel bad rejecting some other plans if, e.g. a friend calls me on my day off to do something/party and I say “sorry, it’s me-time and I want and need to rest and spend some time by myself” 😉. If you say that to your friend and he/she doesn’t understand it then he/she is not a friend! 😉 ::: I really cherish me-time and I try to have such a day at least once a month 😊 ::: How about you? Do you have enough of me-time? Do you spend some time alone just chilling and having some quality time with yourself? 🤩
Scroll down to see an amazing excercise for a self-love time!
🎄Smiley Advent Calendar 🎄 I changed my Instagram Feed into 1 big Advent Calendar! 🤩 There already were 2 surprises including a tutorial for a homemade Xmas gift!
The situation in the world is more and more intense 😓 (and even more intense in Poland now as government keeps taking our rights, now e.g. with an abortion 😡), we are all more and more stressed (I know I am) so it is EVEN MORE IMPORTANT to take care of our mental health now, to be good to ourselves and to practice self-love 🙏 ::: What are the Benefits Of Practising Self Love Exercises? By getting into the habit of practising a self-care routine you will: ::: 🔅 Nourish your body with healthy food and activities 🔅Put yourself first sometimes and learn to say ‘no’. 🔅Take a much-needed break from social media without feeling utterly guilty and wretched. 🔅Indulge without feeling guilty. 🔅Learn to recognise thoughts for what they are and not act upon them. 🔅Love and respect yourself more ::: 5 Self-love Exercises That You Need To Practice. NOW ➡️ # 1: Write 📝 Sit and write down everything that’s on your mind. ::: ➡️ # 2: Walk 🚶♂️🚶♀️ Pick some excluded, quiet place, put a warm jumper & face mask on and go for a walk. ::: ➡️ # 3: Make a Date With Yourself 💖 Watch some movie you love, read a good book, draw, paint, just spend some quality time with you and you only! ::: ➡️ # 4: Workout 💪 Working out is always good. It’s not only about health benefits but it is good for your mind too! Let it all go. Just let all your anger or frustration out – kickboxing is best for that! You’ll feel so much better! ::: ➡️ # 5: Don’t forget the small things 🎁 Get yourself something nice! Maybe buy some girly magazine to read about some totally trivial things? Or go online shopping and get new pair of earing or some new book? Anything that will make you happy! 🤗
Do you run a diary? I personally don’t but sometimes I just need to take a piece of paper and write all of my thought/feelings/problems down.
Try doing the same! Sit down in a quiet place, put some chill music on, light a candle, close your eyes, open your mind and start writing ✒.
You will feel so much better and so much lighter afterwards! 😊
— Step 3 —
Let’s get back to our circle of life. Remember it, right? You will find it in ‘Smiley future’ section.
Today time to think about your health 🥦
As usual – mark on your circle of life how happy you are about your health in a scale from 1 to 10.
Here are the questions that will help you mark that subject:
* Do you think this part needs change? If yes, what would have to change?
* In what way are you active physically 💪? Is it well suited in its kind and intensivity?
* Lack of sleep is plague of those times 😴 Lots of people think that they can work more or have some fun at the expense of their sleep time, while research shows that lack of sleep has bad impact on your health and especially on your cognitive abilities (so memory, attention and ability to learn). Do you sleep long enough? 🛌 What’s the quality of your sleep? Do you fall asleep and wake up at similar times or is your sleeping rhythm dysregulated?
* It is easy to forget about health prevention when nothing is wrong with you but it is prevention itself and early diagnosis that help catch alarming symptoms before they get annoying or severe. Do you examine yourself regularly? Do you know that types of examinations and how often you should do? 💉💊
* What will you gain by those changes?
* What will happen if you don’t change anything about your health?
* In what way does health have an impact on other aspects of your life now?
Next week: Finances 💰
Source: @chodakowskaeka‘s new book “90 days – design your tomorrow”
Are you aware how big impact does stress have on your health both mental and physical? 😳
Too much stress not only will obviously make your mood worse and make you powerless but in the long run it can affect your immune system, the state of your hair and skin, your digestive system and plenty more 🤯
It will make you unhappy, less willing to work or follow your dreams. Not to sound too scary but it will make you miserable 😫
So here’s 5 ways to fight stress. Whenever you feel stressed do one of those:
1. Workout 💪 – physical exhaustion will not only bring down your mental exhaustion and/or chaos in your head but after a good workout your organism will start producing endorphynes – hormones of happiness so you’ll feel much better 💪😊
2. Take a walk 🚶♂️– as I said in my yesterday’s psychological fact – brain secretes certain chemicals when you have trees and plants around you which boosts the brain thinking 🌳🌴🌲. This is a great way to deal with a stressful situation, just walk and think, find a solution
3. Write it down 📝– it is also scientifically proven that taking your thoughts „out of your brain” and writing them down makes you feel calmer, makes you see the problem/stressful situation more clearly and it is easier to think of a solution 🧐
4. Clean 💧– another thing scientificcally proven that when you clean your apartment or take your trash out your brain does „self-cleanse” too and gets rid of the bad thoughts/emotions, puts your thoughts in the order and gets rid of the chaos inside your head, something like placing everything in its spot on a cupboard 😉
5. Take a nap 🛌 – sleep makes everything better. You rest both pchysically and mentally and you’ll be waking up with fresh mind ready to face the stressful situation 🤗