Lets continue our series of self-care and working on being/staying calm.
You know what works when you’re trying to calm down? A blanket, candle and a nice cup of tea. So today I got 5 magical herbs for you that work great on reducing stress:
🌱 Saint John’s wort: It contains many chemicals that act on messengers in the brain that regulate mood.
People most commonly use St. John’s wort for depression and mood disorders (but consult it with doctor as it often gets in reaction with others drugs!!!)
🌱 Aloe vera for cuts and burns: It is used to treat burns and alleviate the symptoms of over-exposure to the sun by pouring the tea on the affected area. Aloe can also help treat skin conditions such as rashes or insect bites.
🌱 Chamomile for sleeplessness and to reduce anxiety
🌱 Echinacea for colds and sore throat and to boost immune system
🌱 Ginger for nausea and motion sickness.
So how do you feel today? Do you need some tea? 😊
You know that feeling when you’re working hard on something and it doesn’t work out? When you put loads of effort into something and don’t see results? 🤷🏼♀️
I put LOADS of time, work, effort and money even into @smileysociety. Last autumn I decided to work harder on this page, to take better pictures, to bring more interesting content in stories so I started creating quizes, DIY tutorials, regular healthy recipes etc to bring more interesting stuff. For you.
Having a full-time job (and working even 10-13h a day sometimes) I spent my whole free time I had in autumn, winter and spring creating content for @smileysociety and…it got me nowhere 🤷🏼♀️😅
I gained very few followers, wasn’t shared on any sharing page etc 💔
This is why I haven’t been so active here for last 2 months. I felt burntout and didn’t feel like working on this page anymore.
And so I found new hobby – gardening 🌱👩🌾.
With gardedning it is 100% sure you’ll see results of your hard work and this makes me happy 🤗.
If you follow couple simple rules (plant your plants in good soil, water it, fertilize it etc) you’ll soon see your plants growing, your flowers blooming and maybe even some fruit 🍓🍊.
Gardening makes me not only happy because I see results but also makes me calm, takes my problems away and lets me focus on here & now.
I need to water my new beautiful grass everyday for 15min and those 15min are probably most relaxing during whole day 🙏.
If you have a chance try gardening and see how it can heal a soul!
Are you aware how big impact does stress have on your health both mental and physical? 😳
Too much stress not only will obviously make your mood worse and make you powerless but in the long run it can affect your immune system, the state of your hair and skin, your digestive system and plenty more 🤯
It will make you unhappy, less willing to work or follow your dreams. Not to sound too scary but it will make you miserable 😫
So here’s 5 ways to fight stress. Whenever you feel stressed do one of those:
1. Workout 💪 – physical exhaustion will not only bring down your mental exhaustion and/or chaos in your head but after a good workout your organism will start producing endorphynes – hormones of happiness so you’ll feel much better 💪😊
2. Take a walk 🚶♂️– as I said in my yesterday’s psychological fact – brain secretes certain chemicals when you have trees and plants around you which boosts the brain thinking 🌳🌴🌲. This is a great way to deal with a stressful situation, just walk and think, find a solution
3. Write it down 📝– it is also scientifically proven that taking your thoughts „out of your brain” and writing them down makes you feel calmer, makes you see the problem/stressful situation more clearly and it is easier to think of a solution 🧐
4. Clean 💧– another thing scientificcally proven that when you clean your apartment or take your trash out your brain does „self-cleanse” too and gets rid of the bad thoughts/emotions, puts your thoughts in the order and gets rid of the chaos inside your head, something like placing everything in its spot on a cupboard 😉
5. Take a nap 🛌 – sleep makes everything better. You rest both pchysically and mentally and you’ll be waking up with fresh mind ready to face the stressful situation 🤗